and Sunday hours
BAND:††††††††††† 144 MHZ and above
1. ††††††† The same station can be worked twice each period by using different modes, i.e. Phone and CW but not consecutively, except where one station has worked a third or a delay of 5 minutes has elapsed
2. ††††††† The same station may not be worked at the end of one period and the start of the next, unless t† he exceptions of rule 1 apply.
3. ††††††† Satellite contacts and contacts on repeater or repeater frequencies are not permitted any station triggering a repeater because of a spurious radiationís, proximity; etc must shift frequency, location or cease transmission.
4. ††††††† No CW to Phone permitted. CW to CW or Phone to Phone is permitted. MCW operation to be taken as CW. Phone operation includes FM, SSB and AM.
5. ††††††† Cipher exchange to be the usual
6.†††††††† Field stations are defined as: Independent of ac mains or other fixed power plant; mobile, stationary or portable operations at least 15 kilometers as the crow flies from operatorís home station
††††††††††† 7.†††††††† No crossband working nor repeater arranged contacts permitted.
8.†††††††† For a contact to count for scoring purpose a southland branch 37 member must be an operator at one or both ends of the contact.
††††††††††††††††††††††† Home station 2 points
††††††††††††††††††††††† Field station 3 points† (to be claimed by field station end of the contact only)
††††††††††††††††††††††† Distance over 30 Km add 1 point
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† or over 75 km 2
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† or over 150 Km 3
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† or over 300 Km 4
††††††††††††††††††††††† Bonus points: any above station working CW mode add 1 point.
††††††††††††††††††††††† For bands above 2 meters multiply above distance points only by 2†
LOGS† Logs to be on proper log sheets paper or home brewed identical form.† Ruled off after each half hour period, And a space left between each days operation.† Where more then one point is claimed, mode and distance to be noted e.g. field CW 80Km.† Entries not so complying will score 1 point only.
Sub-totals of points claimed. To be entered on each page. Points on the last page with summery analyzing total claimed.† e.g. 6 phone field 50km contacts = 24 points 56 phone under 30 km = 112 and so on.
Logs to show call sign, name, address and phone number.
All logs to be received by
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† THE VHF CONTEST
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Invercargill †††††††††††††††††† or hand it to the secretary
††††††††††††††††††††††† Please send in your log for checking purposes and endeavor to keep it tidy and readable.
WINNERS††††† Will be announced as soon as possible.